Postcards 11 – 30
Of the three years I’ve participated in the 100 Day Project, this has been the best by far. I am having such a good time with these postcards. Just the simple act of making the postcards is fun – like making a tiny quilt every day. Picking out the fabric and the colors, deciding which little block to make, actually writing the note – then the icing on the cake is getting a return text or note from the recipients, whom in many cases, I haven’t talked to in a long time. It makes me want to revive the custom of writing letters. Somehow this has been different from sending Christmas cards – which can sometimes seem like a chore, where this does not. Maybe taking it one at a time helps. (hmmm… a lesson there for next year’s Christmas cards? Don’t put it off until the last minute? Don’t do all of them in one go? Novel idea…)
I can see the season changing in these photos – I often put some postcards in my pocket while a walk with our dog Frankie, and take pictures as we go. I look for anything with texture or color that maybe the card would look nice against – which forces me to notice little patches of flowers or running water or farm machinery, that normally I might’ve just walked right on by. (got to get those steps in!) So after 30 days of taking photos outside, I can now see signs of spring – and spring is a glorious thing in the South! Except for the tornadoes, but I digress. Spring sure can lift the spirit!
Here are the most recent postcards. The numbers and names of the different blocks is below each group.
- 11. Log Cabin with kitty in the center
- 12. Card Trick Variation
- 13. Shoo-Fly
- 14. Sawtooth Star
- 15. Raw Edge Applique Heart with selvedge edges
- 16. Snowflake Raw Edge Applique
- 17. Fleur-de-li Raw Edge Applique
- 18. Little Kitty Raw Edge Applique with selvedge edges
- 19. Rail Fence
- 20. On Point Selvedge Square
- 21. Half Square Triangles
- 22. Half Square Triangles 2
- 23. Broken Dishes (Half Square Triangles)
- 24. Triangles
- 25. Sawtooth Star (Half Square Triangles)
- 26. Flower Basket
- 27. Nine Patch
- 28. Churn Dash
- 29. Sawtooth Star Raw Edge Applique
- 30. More Half Square Triangles
Thank you for stopping by and having a look at my little project!
Happy Stitching everyone!